By becoming chief minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal has proved to be a messiah of the common man. Watch out for the historical Delhi Polls 2013 Visualization visualizing the election results that came as a rude shock to Congress and BJP.
Check out the Crime Hotspots in India Visualization to mark the most unsafe places for women in India.
Check out the Crime against Women Visualization and see how crime numbers have flared up over the years since 2001.
The data visualization is based on data highlighting results of Delhi Assembly Elections 2013 held on 4th December, 2013 categorized by different party contesting the historical elections….which were being considered as semis to the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. Out of the total 70 seats, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) turned out the winning party with 31 seats, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) bagging 28 seats and Indian National Congress (INC) with a mere 8 seats…putting an end to 15 year rule by Sheila Dikshit led Congress.
BJP – 31, AAP – 28, INC – 8, Others – 3
- As many as 5 seats in Delhi garnered maximum votes for a winner (65,000+)…and all these seats were won by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
|Krishna Nagar||Dr. Harsh Vardhan||BJP||69222|
- Mahinder Yadav of Aam Aadmi Party contesting from Vikaspuri got 62032 votes, the most in comparison to his fellow compatriots.
- Only 3 female candidates emerged as winners out of total 70 seats. All 3 belonged to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
|Patel Nagar||Veena Anand||AAP||38899|
|Shalimar Bagh||Bandana Kumari||AAP||47235|
Tableau link for data visualization:
The data visualization is based on data referring to crime committed against women in India during the years 2001 to 2012 categorized by different crime heads including Assault on Women with Intent to Outrage her Modesty, Cruelty by Husband or his Relatives (IPC Section 498A), Kidnapping and Abduction, Rape, Dowry Deaths, Insult to the Modesty of Women, Importation of Girls from Foreign Country, Immoral Traffic (P) Act, Dowry Prohibition Act, Indecent Representation of Women (P) Act, Commission of Sati Prevention Act.
- The crime numbers under the crime head ‘Cruelty by Husband or his Relative’ is the highest for all years from 2001 to 2012. As many as 106,527 crimes under this crime head were committed in 2012.
- Crime numbers under crime head ‘Kidnapping and Abduction’ and ‘Rape’ have increased over the past 5 years.
- Crime heads Cruelty by Husband or his Relative, Assault on Women with Intent to Outrage her Modesty, Kidnapping and Abduction & Rape accounts for the most committed crimes against women in India.
Crime heads involving crimes against women related to dowry i.e. Dowry Deaths and under Dowry Prohibition Act have shown no decline over the years. Dowry System still seems to be practised by certain per cent of population.
The tableau link for viewing the data visualization is:
View Crime Hotspots in India.
Hello viewers…I am back with at the candy shop :9 (version 2) visual – back to the candy shop :9. I had missed out on some flavours in my earlier visual…so I present them before you in the above visualization (image) portraying ripe mango, watermelon, mixed fruit along with other flavoured candies. So live and eat through the sweet and happy times of life.
Here’s the link to the visualization:
My earlier visual – At the candy shop :9
The visualization maps out the crime hotspots in India based on data for the year 2012 downloaded from Data Portal India, an open source platform. The Crime heads including Assault on Women with Intent to Outrage her Modesty, Cruelty by Husband or his Relatives, Kidnapping and Abduction & Rape accounted for more than 80% of crimes against women in 2012. Hope to see the crime hotspots emerge as safest places for women in near future.
Couldn’t sucessfully the embed the visualization link in post…that’s why posted the image. Though I have shared the link of visualization
(interactive)…viewers can go and explore the story through numbers.
- The states with most crimes against women in 2012 under the 4 crime heads are:
|Assault on Women with Intent to Outrage her Modesty||Madhya Pradesh|
|Cruelty by Husband or his Relative||West Bengal|
|Kidnapping and Abduction||Uttar Pradesh|
- The states with least crimes against women in 2012 under the 4 crime heads are:
|Assault on Women with Intent to Outrage her Modesty||Nagaland|
|Cruelty by Husband or his Relative||Nagaland|
|Kidnapping and Abduction||Mizoram|
- The national capital, Delhi (Union Territory) has emerged out as one of the unsafe places for women as it features on top of all crime heads.
Here’s the tableau link: